RTEMS printk fails for large unsigned integers

Fri Nov 27 19:32:01 UTC 2009

On 11/27/2009 01:27 PM, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> 2009/11/27 Joris van Rantwijk<jorisvr at sron.nl>:
>
>>> Furthermore, printing variable greater LONG_MAX with "%u" formating is
>>> invalid/non-portable code.
>>>
>> What would be the purpose of "%u" in that case?
>> Where is the documentation for printk that declares this use to be invalid?
>>
> I currently do not know the documentation of printk(). But if it is
> similar to printf(), you would probably have to use "%lu" rather than
> just "%u" if you output an (unsigned) *long* integer as in your case.

It should be a subset of printf.  An addition to the manual
to document it would be appreciated.  Please submit a patch
against spprintk which illustrates any behavior you think is
deficient.

Reports without test cases are not nearly as useful both
to illustrate the problem and to ensure that it stays fixed.

--joel