porting RTEMS to OpenSparc

Leontie Eugen e_leontie at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 18:21:29 UTC 2009

Hi Dr. Sherrill,

Just a few further questions.
I could not find much info on the rtems specific changes to gcc. I saw there are rtems patches to gcc but I did not get a chance yet to look more carefully at what they are.

it would help me a lot if you can summarize shortly what changes do you think will be needed for obtaining a sparc64-rtems4.10 compiler and toolchain.

Me and a fellow student spent some time understanding the UltraSparc v9 and the sun4v architecture, it is time to move back to understanding RTEMS now. We got some porting guidance from a well documented HelenOS port to sun4v, we hope to rely on that to get started.

Thank you in advance,
Eugen