Various software sizes calculation

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Oct 6 07:24:15 UTC 2009

On 10/06/2009 08:21 AM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Ralf,
>
> the original question was specific for a LEON2/Sparc project, so it
> should be possible to be explicit concerning the variable sizes.

You leave me no choice but to be more explicit:

The sizes are compile-time constants
=> they are not supposed to be of interest to anybody.

Any assumption on their sizes is nothing but a random temporary shapshot
of these compile-time constants.

These sizes may change depending upon compilation flags, the compiler
changing its behavior and other factors.

Wrt. the leon2, this is what is currently being used:
SIZEOF_CHAR 1
SIZEOF_SHORT 2
SIZEOF_INT 4
SIZEOF_LONG 4