MCF5282 telnetd under 4.9.2

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Fri Oct 23 21:19:38 UTC 2009

I am working on getting the telnetd demo program from the repository
working on my 5282 board with a BSP based on the av5282 and am having
problems getting telnet to connect.

I altered the demo code to use networkconfig-mpc8313erdb.h to pick up
a static ethernet address. The address is arbitrary as I am just using
a cable between my board and my computer without the rest of the
network.

I'm not using BOOTP/DHCP, I'll leave that for later.

The problem that I am seeing is that I can initialize the network, the
routes are added, and the telnet daemon is initialized, but when I try
to telnet into the server the connection is not successful. arp -a on
the client machine shows that the request for 192.168.1.245 is going
out the proper interface but the MAC address is not filled in.

I munged init.c to loop forever doing a rtems_bsdnet_show_if_states
and sleeping for 100 ticks. It shows that, when I issue the telnet
command, I get 192 Rx Octets OK in 3 frames. So I suspect that my
board is seeing the incoming request but the rtemsShell is not
running. After the telnet times out, I reissue it but the Rx Octets
count no longer changes.

Any ideas?

Andrei
---------------------