help:transplant rtems to lpc3250 with vfp coprocessor

吴玉凡 zzwuyu at 163.com
Wed Oct 28 08:35:22 UTC 2009

hello all

Now,I want transplant rtems to lpc3250,which is based on arm926ej-s,with a coprocessor VFP.All seems right except VFP. At start.s,I enable the VFP and set it to fast mode with these instructions:

  /*enable VFP*/
  mov r0,#0x40000000
  fmxr fpexc,r0

  /*set VFP to RunFast mode*/
  mov r0,#(1<<24)|(1<<25)
  fmxr fpscr,r0

and also in cpu_asm.s(score/cpu/arm/cpu_asm.S) ,which is uesed for save and restore VFP registers.however,when I compiled, it give these messages:
Error: selected processor does not support `fmxr fpexc,r0'
Error: selected processor does not support `fmxr fpscr,r0'

In make/Bsp.cfg, I set CFLAGS =-mlittle-endian -mabi=atpcs -march=armv5te  -mfpu=vfp  -mfloat-abi=softfp
So I think this maybe the default toolchain don't support VFP instructions,then I compile the toolchain again, with:
../gcc-4.2.4/configure --target=arm-rtems4.8 --disable-werror --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --with-arch=armv5 --with-abi=atpcs  --with-fpu=vfp --with-float=soft  --verbose --enable-threads  --enable-languages="c,c++" --disable-shared  --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-gmp --enable-mpfr --disable-multilib  --prefix=/home/rtems/toolchain/

However,the problem is the same.How should I do ? I hope someone can help me.This has  disturbed me two weeks.