Rtems telnetd/shell question

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Oct 28 11:26:42 UTC 2009

Peter Dufault wrote:

> No, I'm under some schedule pressure with two clients right now so it's
> on the back burner.  I'll need to fix it by Friday, though, so if no one
> else gets to it I'll look at it on Thursday.

The read solution is to change the fget call to read and then check the
length for 0. A hack if a 0 length is read is to return a ^D or
something like that to terminate the shell. You will need to check. The
proper solution is to change the rtems_shell_getchar call to:

  int rtems_shell_getchar (FILE *in, int *ch);

and return an error if read length is 0.

Regards
Chris