linkcmds file

Teng Chee Wan Philip tcheewan at ntu.edu.sg
Wed Oct 7 06:50:01 UTC 2009

I have looked at that linker script documentation, and tried several things, but it does not seems to work.  It seems like the *(.text*) was overriding all the rest of the input section description.  I tried using EXCLUDE_FILE but there was no effect.  The other issue seems to be that the object code was stored in /o-optimize/ directory.  I am not sure how to include that path into the EXCLUDE_FILE keyword to instruct the linker to ignore the application object code when setting the address for the rest.

I was hoping that someone can show me the proper way to modify this file.

In my application, most of the time the binary image changes because of the application code, rather than the operating system code.  By separating the operating systems code from the application, the static address of the operating system function calls will not change.  Indirectly, there will be "minimal" change in the binary image, when you re-compile the application+OS image.  And I can perform a binary patch, with a smaller patch file.  The other alternative is to move the operating system .text section up, before the application code .text.  I am not sure how to do that too.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Regards,
Philip