ARM Board Question

Fernando Nicodemos fgnicodemos at terra.com.br
Thu Oct 15 16:39:14 UTC 2009

Hi Joel,

You are right, they are variations of ARM cores. There are many variations
of ARM cores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture

I did not saw any BSPs using these processors. They have different features
and applications. The instruction set is simillar and compatible. So a
porting might not be so hard.

Basically these cores from glomationinc are used for mobile applications,
such as mobile phones, PDAs, etc. They have have enhanced DSP instructions
and one resource called Jazelle. Jazelle is one hardware resource that helps
java applications to be decoded.

The ARM9TDMI cores can be considered more to automation and control
applications.

In both markets also the peripherals of each processor, based on its core,
will be different to meet their needs.

A big hug,

Fernando Nicodemos