GCC SPARC FPU issue status

Tue Sep 1 13:26:26 UTC 2009

Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> 2009/9/1 Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>:
>
>> So the proper solution until GCC is fixed is to turn on the cpu.h define
>> that says all tasks are floating point.
>>

> ... and don't write ISRs, right?

:)  Until GCC is fixed, you just have to be careful.  And if
you are concerned, object dump the code in question and
look for FPU instructions.  The PowerPC treats all tasks as FP
and disables the FPU on ISRs.

The true proper solution is to fix gcc.  Being cynical, SPARC
RTEMS users are not hobbyists.  The projects are serious
and should have enough money to pay someone to be
interested in addressing this.  Especially since the space
community isn't paying anything for the OS or tools and
very few contribute in anyway to the project or get
support.