Memory usage

Tue Sep 1 16:02:53 UTC 2009

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 14:20, Martin Grim<W.M.Grim at sron.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a bit paranoid about memory usage on my system. Are there means within rtems to see amount of memory used or still free?
>>

> Compile RTEMS with MALLOC_STATS defined and call malloc_dump() in your program.

Only in old versions.  Configured at application link time now.

CONFIGURE_MALLOC_STATISTICS
CONFIGURE_MALLOC_DIRTY

Also renamed and added a few new routines:

malloc_get_statistics() - info returned in structure
malloc_report_statistics()  - prints via printk
malloc_report_statistics_with_plugin() - prints using the printf
  style routine you provide