How to add a compile time configuration option to something in cpukit?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Sep 3 10:18:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

the FTP client resides in the cpukit.  It can use gethostbyname() to obtain an
internet address from a DNS name.  The dependency on DNS adds 35k of code
(THUMB op-codes).  I want to add a configuration option to disable this
feature.  Can I add this with RTEMS_CPUOPT in cpukit/configure.ac? What are the
naming conventions for such options? I would use

RTEMS_CPUOPT([RTEMS_FTPFS_DISABLE_DNS_SUPPORT],
  [test x"${RTEMS_FTPFS_DISABLE_DNS_SUPPORT}" = x"1"],
  [1],
  [disables DNS support for the FTP client])

Have a nice day!

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6