Loopback test failing, not returning from rtems_bsdnet_event_receive()

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Sep 21 16:32:12 UTC 2009

I'm working on a BSP for the Phytec MPC5554 derived from the existing
MPC55xxevb.

I'm up to the loopback test. None of the tasks get beyond the
rtems_bsdnet_event_receive() in soconnsleep().

As expected the first task got "Connection refused" when the server
task wasn't started, after that they all block at that
rtems_bsdnet_event_receive(), starting with the server task.

The ticker test worked OK, the network daemon is starting up and
looping in its callout loop so it is seeing rtems_bsdnet_event_receive
() return.  I put a breakpoint there and I see the "ticksPassed" going
up by about 10 each time.  The ticks per second is 100 and the
microseconds per tick is 10,000 and the processor is 132 MHz.  Does
something start to call rtems_bsdnet_timeout at 10Hz?

I'll keep looking at this but I appreciate any hints.

Peter