getpagesize mixup during build

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Sep 24 11:47:25 UTC 2009

On 09/24/2009 01:14 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Peter Dufault wrote:
>> I see a conflict between the code and the headers, with the code
>> wrong, unless something is wrong with my setup. I cvs updated before
>> this report.
>>
> Fixed in CVS.

Some more details:

What Peter is observing, actually a side-effect of a bug in newlib
(wrong prototype for getpagesize), which has recently been fixed in
upstream newlib.

I adopted the newlib fix in the latest rtems-4.10 toolchain packages,
but could not update CVS in time (right after pushing the toolchain
packages) due to a network failure at OAR :)

BTW: So far, I do not plan to back port this fix to rtems < 4.10, but to
stay "bugward-compatible", because this change breaks the API.

Ralf