4.10 Approaching

Wed Sep 30 17:53:17 UTC 2009

Till Straumann wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Perhaps, should I use gcc-4.4.0-RC ?
>>>
>> No, the current rtems4.10 gcc is gcc-4.4.1 (The latest official gcc
>> release).
>>

>>> How about binutils-2.19.51-20090222.tar.bz2 ? Is it the latest one ?
>>> I guess it includes binutils-2.19.1 and all the patches for it, right ?
>>>
>> No, rtems-4.10 currently is using binutils-2.19.90, the latest
>> snapshot of the upcoming binutils-2.20 (to be released in very near
>> future, not unlikely this week)
>>

>>> Please advise.
>>>
>> Are using home-grown toolchains based on the contents of
>> ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.10 ?
>>
> E.g., we are here.
>
> IMO, prior to even thinking about cutting 4.10
> the toolchain versions, patches etc. should be defined, frozen and
> published (as source-code, not only binary releases).

These will be available once gdb and binutils make their
releases.  Ralf is working hard to keep up with their release
candidates so we have feedback.  I have also been reporting
on both.
> Once we have the final tools then we can build + test 4.10 release
> candidates.

Do you mean build the tools or RTEMS?  Except for the newlib
patch revisions, the others are pretty independent of the
RTEMS source code.

--joel