Using smc91111.c on powerpc and libchip/network questions

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Sep 3 11:15:24 UTC 2009

Peter Dufault wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2009, at 3:09 , Sebastian Huber wrote:
>
>> This is already cleaned up (the mpc55xx was the first BSP that uses
>> this, it is
>> required here due to the nearly 400 interrupt sources):
>
> I found this yesterday.  This is based on the work Til provides in
> c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/new-exceptions/bspsupport, correct?  I was
> comparing the BSP Makefile.am file with what Til says to do in his
> README and I think your changes supersede his recommendations.  Maybe an
> addition to his README to reference your work is in order.
>
> Peter

The exception and interrupt handling are two completely different things here.
On PowerPC the external exception (among other types) handler code resides in
c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/new-exceptions. Here are the prologues and epilogues
that deal with the different exception types.  The interrupt support stuff in
c/src/lib/libbsp/shared deals with the specific interrupt sources that cause an
external exception.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6