Porting RTEMS to an Freescale MC9328MX21 with ARM926EJ-S based chip

xu ray rayx.cn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 02:42:08 UTC 2009

I think you might want to check CSB336 in ARM BSP dir first.
The old CSB336 is design for MC9328MXL, it would be very similar with the
MC9328MX21. A quick and dirty way for you would be changing csb336 directly.
Be sure to change the csb336.cfg in make dir for the arm926ej. (although the
binary code might be the same with arm920t)

2009/9/26 Pablo Salinas <psalinas.bomfim at gmail.com>

> Hello there,
>                    Me and a couple of classmates are looking for a good
> Embedded Systems Design class project. One project idea is to port some RTOS
> into the board and cpu used in class.
>
> We use a TLL 6219 in-house Board with an ARM 926EJ-S<http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARM926EJ-S.html>CPU inside a MC9328MX21 chipset. The project should be finished by the first
> week of December, therefore we have roughly 2 months and a half to work and
> finish it. All three of us have other assignments, therefore we wouldn't
> like to invest all our time in this project.
>
> Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys had experienced porting RTEMS
> into ARM based Boards. Currently, the board uses ARM Embedded Linux<http://www.arm.com/products/os/linux.html>as the non-RTOS, and
> MicroMonitor <http://microcross.com/html/micromonitor.html> as the Boot
> Loader.
>
> We all are very knowledgeable of C programming and have good background in
> Computer Architecture. So, to all of you that had ported RTEMS to an ARM
> architecture, how feasible do you think this project is? We don't care about
> having full OS functionality, just the minimum (Process Scheduling, Memory
> Management, etc) with a basic user interface that would allow to run a
> simple application that would show that actually the OS is real-time.
>
> Thank you, any feedback is appreciated.
>
> best regards,
>                     Pablo Salinas

Thanks & Best Regards!