Installing RTEMS on my host machine

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Tue Sep 29 09:17:58 UTC 2009

Sergio Faustino wrote:
> On Monday 28 September 2009 18:01:04 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 09/28/2009 06:37 PM, Sergio Faustino wrote:
>>> PS: if you want, you can download a tool that configure and install RTEMS
>>> (and other things) at http://rtemscentre.edisoft.pt.
>> Why are you hiding your packages behind an address harvesting system?
>>
>> Ralf
>
> It is our company policy to require a registration.

I think that your behavior contradicts the free and open spirit
under which RTEMS is developed.

You are re-distributing standard RTEMS packages - why would you
need to know my nationality and company registration number to
do this? Do you really need to know all the following to run a
simple ftp server ...?

# Name of the company
# Nationality and national registration number of the company
# Responsible Department within the company
# Company's contact person
# Address
# Telephone
# Fax
# E-mail address
# Website address
# ESA's international cooperation agreement (if any)
# RTEMS CENTRE product of interest
# The purpose of using the RTEMS CENTRE product
# Is there any intended or potential military application of the product?
# Is there any re-export intent (intermediate destination)?