RTEMS Message Queue Behaviour

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué aconchillo at ice.csic.es
Fri Apr 9 10:10:03 UTC 2010

A while ago I experienced strange problems with queues until I
configured the memory for them. In 4.6.6 CONFIGURE_MEMORY_OVERHEAD
defines the number of  kbytes necessary to fit your queue messages and
CONFIGURE_MESSAGE_BUFFER_MEMORY for newer RTEMS versions. Buffers are
not taken into account when reserving memory for message queues.

Hope it helps,

Aleix