erc32/sis console driver

Tiemen Schut T.Schut at sron.nl
Thu Apr 15 14:11:51 UTC 2010

Hey all,

With help from Sebastian and Joell I've redone the erc32/sis console driver. It now uses the shared console framework from rtems. First and foremost I would like to say that it's still far from perfect, but it should be an improvement to the old driver.

Note that my main goal was to get ppp working, as output from pppd stopped after the first character. This should be solved with this driver, while "regular" output is pretty much unchanged.

As I don't have an erc32 target I only tested with the sis version 2.7.5, so there may be problems with a real target (or tsim, or another version of the sis for that matter).

To get this to compile you'll have to change the c/src/lib/libbsp/sparc/erc32/Makefile.am. Change console_SOURCES to be: console_SOURCES = console/erc32_console.c ../../shared/console.c. To be sure that you're compiling the right driver I would advice to remove/rename the "old" console.c.

Happy testing!

Tiemen