How to load RTEMS application on MVME162

AJAI KUMAR MEDHAVI akmedhavi at rrcat.gov.in
Fri Apr 23 12:24:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have build RTEMS for M68K and MVME162 BSP using MinGW Tools for Windows.
Now I want to load sample application - Hello.exe on MVME162. But problem
is that my board MVME162 has flash/EPROM Memory of 1 MB, while the size of
Hello.exe is 1.52 MB.

There are two other files - Hello.ralf (Size 51 KB) and Hello.num (size 15
KB).

1. I want to know what are Hello.ralf and Hello.num files

2. Out of Hello.exe, Hello.ralf and Hello.num -- Which file I have load on
   Target MVME162

3. If I have to download Hello.exe, why its size is so big. I have given
following configuration options :

../rtems-4.9.1/configure    --target=m68k-rtems4.9
                            --enable-rtemsbsp=mvme162
                            --enable-cxx
                            -–enable-itron
                            --enable-rdbg
                            --enable-networking
                            --enable-tests=samples
                            --prefix=/opt/rtems4.9

Please provide me answers to my queries and suggest proper file and method
to load RTEMS hello application on MVME162 board.

Thanks and regards

AJAI KUMAR MEDHAVI
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER
RAJA RAMMANNA CENTRE FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLGY
PO : CAT, INDORE-452013, INDIA
PH. 91-731-2488054
Email : akmedhavi at rrcat.gov.in