How to load RTEMS application on MVME162

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 23 12:45:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 04/23/2010 02:24 PM, AJAI KUMAR MEDHAVI wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have build RTEMS for M68K and MVME162 BSP using MinGW Tools for Windows.
> Now I want to load sample application - Hello.exe on MVME162. But problem
> is that my board MVME162 has flash/EPROM Memory of 1 MB, while the size of
> Hello.exe is 1.52 MB.
>

> There are two other files - Hello.ralf (Size 51 KB) and Hello.num (size 15
> KB).
>

> 1. I want to know what are Hello.ralf and Hello.num files

the *.ralf files are the RTEMS Application Loadable Files.  They should have a
format which will be accepted by the usual target application loader (e.g.
debugger, flash tool, boot loader, etc.).  The *.num files provide symbol
information.

> 2. Out of Hello.exe, Hello.ralf and Hello.num -- Which file I have load on
>    Target MVME162

It depends on your tool.

> 3. If I have to download Hello.exe, why its size is so big. I have given
> following configuration options :

This is actually an ELF-file and contains debug information.  The code and data
size is much smaller.

[...]

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH