Downloading "powerpc-rtems4.10 gcc" for a few hours on Fedora 12

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Apr 29 14:04:20 UTC 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 9:32 , Joel Sherrill wrote:

> yum upgrade or yum -y upgrade if you don't want to answer questions
> yes. :)

I'd rather use that anyway, I was afraid it would conflict with the silly GUI.  I'm glad to know it won't.

What's happening is really weird.  It downloads fast, then it stops, and the download speed drops off to 0.
So ^C and start it again.  Then it gets further, and then stops.  So ^C again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

(1/7): rtems-4.10-powerpc-rtems4 (4%) 71% [===============-      ]  0.0 B/s | 2.4 MB 6055580276997:34 ETA
Stalled again.
(1/7): rtems-4.10-powerpc-rtems4.10 (4%) 83% [=====================-    ]  848 B/s | 2.8 MB     11:26 ETA
Stalled again.
(1/7): rtems-4.10-powerpc-rtems4.10 (5%) 98% [=========================-] 3.2 kB/s | 3.3 MB     00:20 ETA
Stalled.

Eventually I downloaded a few of the RTEMS files, having to interrupt and restart it every 10 seconds or so.  Downloading all the updates this way is going to take quite a while.

I then gave up, started the GUI again, deselected the RTEMS updates and it's already downloaded all the other updates that were pending without any slow downs.

?

Can I manually retrieve the files and put them someplace and then run the update?  Where do I find the file names and where it's putting them?  I don't understand what's going on.

Peter