Downloading "powerpc-rtems4.10 gcc" for a few hours on Fedora 12

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Apr 29 14:16:44 UTC 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 10:09 , Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> You seeing -9 instead of -10 means you were checking an out-of sync mirror still carrying -9 while yum was trying to download -10 from the master - yum doing so is one of the bugs in yum, mentioned above.

I meant I found a file using "locate" with the same name but "-9".  I was trying to find out where the downloaded files were put to see how it had been going.

>> Where can I find the partially downloaded file to see how it's going?
>
> ftp://ftp.rtems.{org,info,eu}/pub/rtems/linux/<rtemsversion>/fedora/12/<architecture>/

I meant where were the files on my system.  But this is even better - can you tell me where to put those files on my system so that I can retrieve them, put them in the correct place, and then see if the update works?  Obviously "yum update" checks to see if the files are there before fetching them.

Peter