Proposal: Switch arm-rtems to arm-eabi from arm-elf

Fri Apr 30 01:20:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

Some of the recent ARM tool issues I have reported
have turned out to be non-existent in arm-eabi
derived targets.  We are arm-elf derived and IMO
it is time to move to arm-eabi.

This is similar to transitions in the past from
COFF to ELF but I really don't know the specific
target impact.

Could some ARM experts enlighten me on the impact?

I think this needs to happen before 4.11 but I
am open to arguments that it needs to happen before
4.10.  But the impact has to be light to consider
doing it at this stage in the game.

--joel