_Thread_Dispatch_disable_level gone negative.

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Apr 29 10:17:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 04/29/2010 12:00 PM, Nick Thomas wrote:
[...]
> But, some new info now: I have just seen the same problem occur, but
> _Thread_Dispatch_disable_level is 0xffffffff , i.e. -1;
> This is having the same effect, that no tasks get to run.
>
> But, what could possibly cause this RTEMS variable to go negative.

this may happen if you have an invalid _Thread_{Disable/Enable}_dispatch()
sequence, a bug in the exception/interrupt handling or a general data
corruption (stack, heap, global data).  The PowerPC exception code has changed
a lot from 4.7.1 to now.

> I am using RTEMS 4.7.1 on a PowerPC. I know it's an older version of RTEMS,
> but it's too late in the project to change that now.

Why? I know the recent PowerPC port of RTEMS pretty well and it works excellent
for us.

> Any comments/suggestions are appreciated regarding this issue.

Update to 4.9.2 or CVS head.