Downloading "powerpc-rtems4.10 gcc" for a few hours on Fedora 12

Thu Apr 29 13:32:46 UTC 2010

On 04/29/2010 08:26 AM, Peter Dufault wrote:
> I'm a BSD and OS X guy myself.  I have a VM installed for RTEMS development with Fedora 12.  This morning when I software updated it downloaded a single file for RTEMS Fedora 12 - it was some kind of package descriptor update.  I then decided to update again and sure enough it had new RTEMS packages to download.  However, for the last two hours it's been trying to download the 2.8 MB file "rtems-4.10-powerpc-rtems4.10-gcc-4.4.3-10.fc12 (i686)".
>
> I tried to locate the file to see how far it had progressed but couldn't find it.  I found the similar "-9" instead of "-10" file, but didn't find any partially downloaded files there.
>
> I'm using Fedora 12 and updating using the "system->administration->software update" menu selection.
>
> Is the site just overloaded, or could this happen if a file is corrupted back at the download site?
>
> Where can I find the partially downloaded file to see how it's going?

I see this type of thing with a  VM of F12  on Virtualbox even on
our internal network when there is no load.  My laptop running
F12 never has this problem.

Ralf can explain another possible oddity that some have seen
but this doesn't sound like it.

Instead of using the GUI, use the command line to see more
progress details.  It prints hash marks and progress messages.

yum upgrade or yum -y upgrade if you don't want to answer questions
yes. :)

Yesterday, the upload  link was running 100% most of the US daytime
hours.  It was syncing the repositories with rtems.info and rtems.eu.
But right now, there is very little traffic.