Downloading "powerpc-rtems4.10 gcc" for a few hours on Fedora 12

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Apr 29 15:53:00 UTC 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 11:42 , Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> Man, this is DEFINITELY not what I want to do.
> Believe me - It is what you want, you just don't know yet ;)

OK, I'll re-read this the next time it's not working.

>>   As I'm sure you know, I just want it to WORK.  I've installed Fedora 12 to make it easier to work with RTEMS since then you're doing all the hard work, not to learn more about Linux.
>>
> Your freedom, your decision ...

Until it hurts too much.

>> It's odd that I'm only having issues with the RTEMS updates.
> You are not the only one - I am having them, too.
>
> One issue I am very sure about of is Fedora's yum-plugin-fastestmirror not being functional.

As I said, I'm not a Linux guy.  After a google search I tried this:

[root at finny12 dufault]# yum  --disableplugin=fastestmirror update
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
No plugin match for: fastestmirror
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
[root at finny12 dufault]#

Unsuccessfully.

So, in your (humble) opinion what's the most painless way to stay up to date with RTEMS tools?  As I said, I'm using Fedora 12, I'll happily try anything you think is better, and as I said, you're doing all the work.

Peter