Proposal: Switch arm-rtems to arm-eabi from arm-elf

Fri Apr 30 12:49:29 UTC 2010

On 04/30/2010 06:32 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 04/30/2010 01:21 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> On 04/30/2010 03:20 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>

>>> Could some ARM experts enlighten me on the impact?
>>>
>> I am not one of these.
>>

>>> I think this needs to happen before 4.11 but I
>>> am open to arguments that it needs to happen before
>>> 4.10.
>>>
>> IMO, such a change would be too radical at this point in time.
>>
>> OK with me for rtems-4.11, but not OK with me for rtems-4.11.
>>
> <sigh/>  ... not OK ... for rtems-4.10

That's the way I was leaning.  Hoping that we would
be able to branch soon. :)

I know you have seen the last couple of arm questions
to gcc.  The answer has included something like "that
works on arm-eabi but rtems is based on arm-elf".  It
is becoming very clear where we should be. :)

--joel