RTEMS Workspsace number of used blocks?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Aug 17 14:37:10 UTC 2010

(BSP is phycore_mpc5554 based on mpc55xxevb running 4.10)

I think my workspace must be misconfigured.  I had a long-running test crash on me and I got this from the monitor "wkspace" command:

C Program Heap and RTEMS Workspace are separate.
Number of free blocks: 1
Largest free block:    352720
Total bytes free:      352720
Number of used blocks: 99
Largest used block:    131096
Total bytes used:      433824

There is "1 free block" left and it is big, with 99 in use.  I assume the number of blocks is fixed at 100, and I should have done something to balance the total free area and the number of blocks.

I see there is a unified work area option.  Am I better off enabling CONFIGURE_UNIFIED_WORK_AREAS?

I also see some comments about "unlimited objects" in cpukit/sapi/include/confdefs.h.  What does this do?

Is there a recent outline of the configurable options?

Peter