YAFFS2 experimental support available

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Sat Dec 4 07:54:59 UTC 2010

On Saturday 04 December 2010 04:38:02 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> There are some questionable items in your wiki:
>
> - The zlib in RTEMS-4.11 is current (1.2.5).

Yes, true, though the version in my branch (which itself is becoming outdated)
is 1.2.4. There was a problem with libpng 1.4.4 that didn't find zlib and I
thought it was because of this "old" version of it (because recompiling 1.2.5
fixed it). But in reality the problem stems from the "z_" prefix added to each
function in the RTEMS zlib, which isn't there when recompiling the vanilla
zlib (and yes, I still want to remove it, as it is less painful than fixing
libpng's auto*** scripts). I forgot to update the reason on the wiki, thanks
for pointing this out.

Sebastian spoke on IRC about this problem already, and might fix libpng's
configure script. So hopefully the zlib recompilation won't be needed at all.

> - Using CFLAGS=-O9 is not useful.

Doesn't that flag mean "turn whatever optimizations on", which, with the
current versions of GCC, is an alias for -O3?

S.