BSP for AT91SAM9263-EK

Johannes Schock j.schock at stiefelgmbh.de
Fri Feb 5 19:00:05 UTC 2010

Hi RTEMS-Users,

First let me introduce myself:

I’m head of development of a small technology company in Germany (while
being head is easy while being the only one developer).

I work for several years with Realtime-Systems (ARC/Freescale MQX on
Coldfire, and Keil RL-ARM on ARM processors), and I’m about to finish a
12months project with an AT91SAM9263 running Keil RL-ARM, Nano-X and FLTK.

Now I’d like to create a RTEMS-BSP for the AT91SAM9263EK-Board. (Since this
will be a holiday project, it’ll last for a while.)

My first goal is to write a new specific interrupt handle with the following
features:

Using the benefits of the integrated AIC of AT91SAM9263 (e.g. 8-level
priority based nesting).

Separate IRQ from FIQ while only having the IRQ RTEMS-handled and the FIQ
running free (--> no RTEMS-calls from FIQ, but the possibility of a single
fast handler)

If someone has any hints or found already solutions for problems I will
face, please feel free to reply.

I also have a general question concerning licenses:

ATMEL has released the AT91lib, with support code for many peripherals of
the device/board. The code is under the following license:

/*

 *         ATMEL Microcontroller Software Support

 *

 * Copyright (c) 2008, Atmel Corporation

 *

 * All rights reserved.

 *

 * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
met:

 *

 * - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,

 * this list of conditions and the disclaimer below.

 *

 * Atmel's name may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from

 * this software without specific prior written permission.

 *

 * DISCLAIMER: THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ATMEL "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR

 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF

 * MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT
ARE

 * DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ATMEL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,

 * INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT

 * LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA,

 * OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF

 * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING

 * NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE,

 * EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

 *

 */

Is it ok to put unmodified and modified portions of code covered by this
license and the license itself into a RTEMS-BSP?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Schock

Stiefel GmbH
Allmend 7/2
75038 Oberderdingen
 <blocked::http://webseite:%20www.stiefelgmbh.de/> Webseite:
www.stiefelgmbh.de

Tel.: 00 49 (0) 70 45 / 96 27 - 14
Fax: 00 49 (0) 70 45 / 96 27 - 20
E-mail:  <mailto:sj.schock at stiefelgmbh.de> j.schock at stiefelgmbh.de

Stiefel GmbH Automationssysteme
Firmensitz: Allmend 7/2  /  75038 Oberderdingen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim
HRB 240448  /  USt.-ID-Nr.: DE 143 082 998
Geschäftsführer: Richard Stiefel