BSP for AT91SAM9263-EK

Fri Feb 5 20:58:36 UTC 2010

On 02/05/2010 01:00 PM, Johannes Schock wrote:

> Hi RTEMS-Users,
>
> First let me introduce myself:
>
> I’m head of development of a small technology company in Germany
> (while being head is easy while being the only one developer).
>
> I work for several years with Realtime-Systems (ARC/Freescale MQX on
> Coldfire, and Keil RL-ARM on ARM processors), and I’m about to finish
> a 12months project with an AT91SAM9263 running Keil RL-ARM, Nano-X and
> FLTK.
>
> Now I’d like to create a RTEMS-BSP for the AT91SAM9263EK-Board. (Since
> this will be a holiday project, it’ll last for a while.)
>
> My first goal is to write a new specific interrupt handle with the
> following features:
>
> Using the benefits of the integrated AIC of AT91SAM9263 (e.g. 8-level
> priority based nesting).
>
> Separate IRQ from FIQ while only having the IRQ RTEMS-handled and the
> FIQ running free (à no RTEMS-calls from FIQ, but the possibility of a
> single fast handler)

Wonderful.  Hopefully someone will let you know which is the
best BSP to base it upon.  Look in c/src/lib/libcpu/arm/ and
c/src/lib/libbsp/arm for possible code.

> If someone has any hints or found already solutions for problems I
> will face, please feel free to reply.
>
> I also have a general question concerning licenses:
>
> ATMEL has released the AT91lib, with support code for many peripherals
> of the device/board. The code is under the following license:

This license looks OK to me.  If I am correct, it is putting absolutely
no burden on the normal RTEMS user or persons they deliver a system
to.  That is the goal.  If you see something in that license that
is different, correct me.