VirtualBox & RTEMS, network configuration.

Mon Feb 1 16:22:49 UTC 2010

On 02/01/2010 09:18 AM, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>

>>> PS: on google source code page there is a typo in a command `cvs co....'
>>> where `libbspport' is used instead of `libbsdport'. Thanks for
>>> correcting this.
>>>

>> Is this corrected now?  If not, what's the link?
>>
> Not yet! Please open
> http://code.google.com/p/rosetta-os/wiki/RTEMSLibBSDNicDrivers -- and
> see `Details' paragraph first line just at the end.

I think I fixed it.  Ping me if it is still broken.
> And thanks for all the information provided, this looks really as a
> chance how to get decent drivers to RTEMS -- depending on which OSes
> will agree to adhere to the proposed API and depending on how they
> diverge from it later...

I agree completely.  RTEMS needs this to work and if it
works for us, it will make it easier to move drivers between
the BSDs and the various BSD maintainers will eventually
buy in.  The ones we talked to were sick of doing merge
on drivers to get new chips.  Reducing that effort would
let them do more productive work.

So it is a win/win situation for the *BSD world and us.

Also MINIX is very interested in this as well.