Question about Socket fd access in multiple tasks

Eric Norum WENorum at lbl.gov
Fri Feb 19 19:14:34 UTC 2010

Based on a quick look through the code in kern/uipc_socket.c I'm pretty sure that shutting down a socket from one thread is a safe way to break another thread out of a socket read.

FWIW, EPICS IOCs that use the 'shutdown from another thread' mechanism have been running for literally years with neither a reboot nor any apparent problems.....

--
Eric Norum
wenorum at lbl.gov