Sending or receiving multicast packets

Mon Jan 25 12:15:14 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 05:56 AM, Diego Sanz wrote:
> Hi to everyone!!
>
> In this days I have done several questions in the forum about sending
> and receiving multicast packets with rtems.
>
> I think that now I have a more specific question.
>
> ¿do I have to modify only the driver in the path
> /home/rtems/rtems-work/rtems/c/src/lib/libbsp/m68k/mcf5235/network, or
> I have to modify somthing inside the source of RTEMS too?
>
> If someone knows something, and knows which structure and in wich file
> I have to do some modifications, I will be very grateful!

Multicast works fine with RTEMS.  The driver does have to support a
couple of
multicast IOCTL's.  See libbsp/powerpc/gen5200/network/network.c for an
example
of a driver that has the boiler plate to handle the IOCTL but the NIC
requires no
actions to enable it.

There is a standard multicast demo program from the net modified slightly
to run on RTEMS in the network-demos/multicast.

So this is no big deal but does require NIC multicast support.

--joel