CVS compilation

Thu Jan 28 15:33:52 UTC 2010

On 01/28/2010 08:57 AM, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I am at the final stage of conversion of my 4.8 based BSP to the 4.10(CVS)
> version.
>
> I am at the testsuit compilation.
> Most of the tests (paranoia, hello, fileio, cdtest, loopback, etc..), compiled
> OK, but pppd failed saying:
>
> ..../testsuites/samples/pppd/system.h:15: error: 'CONSOLE_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY'
> undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> Why it was declared in previous tests and in this - not?
> What do I miss?

Grrr... this test has its own explicit configuration table.  grrrr.
It should be using confdefs.h for that. :(

confdefs.h would include rtems/console.h if this test used the
standard mechanism.

But in this case, I would propose that the custom device
driver table for this test be changed to this:

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
#if !defined(TTY1_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY)
   #define   TTY1_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY NULL_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY
#endif
#if !defined(TTY2_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY)
   #define   TTY2_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY NULL_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY
#endif
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_EXTRA_DRIVERS \
   TTY1_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY, \
   TTY2_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY

Try that and see if (1) it compiles and (2) it looks equivalent to
what they were doing.

if so, post it back as a patch.

Thank you.