VirtualBox & RTEMS, network configuration.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Sun Jan 31 22:49:20 UTC 2010

Hello,

I don't have a luck in running RTEMS pc386 BSP tests on various versions
of Qemu on my OpenSolaris 2009.06 and so I'm trying my luck with
VirtualBox. It seems it's possible to run RTEMS pc386 hello.exe test
inside VirtualBox (using rtems provided rtems-boot.img + mtools), but
since I'm most interested in RTEMS networking support I'm curious if one
of VBox supported card is supported also in RTEMS. VBox supports these NICs:

- PCnet-PCI II (Am79C970A)
- PCnet-FAST III (Am79C973)
- Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (82540EM)
- Intel PRO/1000 T Server (82543GC)
- Intel PRO/1000 MT Server (82545EM)

I've searched thorough rtems 4.9.3's c/src/libchip/network but has not
found anything related.

Thanks,
Karel