rtems_interrupt_is_in_progress() not working.

Nick Thomas nick.thomas at pixsan.com
Sun Jan 10 18:46:17 UTC 2010

> I meant to change the test so instead of sending a signal from the ISR,
> you check that rtems_interrupt_is_in_progress() is tested.  Fix the
> example so it checks it is false from the task and true from the ISR.
> If it doesn't work, then I can verify the correctness of the test on
> another architecture.
>
> I suspect this is because the PowerPC keeps interrupt nest level in a
> register (if I remember that correctly) and that information is not
> propagated to the API.
>
> So we need a test. :)

OK, I understand now.
Adding the check rtems_interrupt_is_in_progress() in both the task and the
timer ISR results in the task returning FALSE, and in the ISR it returns
TRUE.
I think this is expected behavior.

But, I suspect that my problem is caused by rtems_interrupt_is_in_progress()
being called from within a genuine hardware interrupt - not a timer
interrupt.
Does that make a difference?

Regards

Nick