MPC55XX reference crystal value?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sat Jul 3 12:21:15 UTC 2010

How does the MPC55XX BSP know what the reference crystal frequency is? The system clock is derived from that.  Is there a built-in assumption that it is 8MHz? (the allowed range is 8 to 20 on the MPC5554)  If so, isn't mpc55xx_get_system_clock() off if the crystal isn't 8MHz and the frequency needs to be a BSP option?

I want to use the reference crystal for the CAN clock.  I know mine is 8Mhz, but I don't know where to get that from the BSP.

Peter