How to port RTEMS on a Cortex-M3 microcontroller

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Sun Jul 4 20:51:09 UTC 2010

Sebastian Huber wrote, On 06/23/2010 04:19 AM:

> [...]
>
> Try to compile code for you processor with standard ARM tools
> (arm-rtems4.10-{gcc, as, ld}).  If this doesn't work, then file a PR in the
> RTEMS bugzilla.

I just built my non-rtems cortex-m3 app with the latest arm-rtem4.10-*
toolchain from yum with no errors. I don't have a way to test it right
now but at least it builds with no errors. The only arm/cortex-m3
options I am using are:
-mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb
(I suspect -mthumb is redundant since cortex-m3 only run thumb-2 code.)

My application uses ST Micros's stm32 thumb-2 startup and vector init
assembly code. Otherwise it is just c code.

I usually build this with codesourcery lite arm-none-eabi-* tool chain.

Does this indicate that the rtems toolchain is OK or is runtime
verification needed too?

-gene

[...]