Progress in RTEMS port to Milkymist GSoC 2010

Yann Sionneau yann at minet.net
Mon Jul 5 01:09:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that i made some progress in the porting of
RTEMS [0] to Milkymist [1] System-on-Chip :)

For now several drivers has been written :

- Clock driver
- Timer driver
- Console driver
- UART driver (in polled mode)
- Framebuffer driver (in single buffer mode)

They all seem to be working pretty well and make the testsuits/samples
of RTEMS run as expected.
A sample testsuit has been written to test the Framebuffer driver
(writting red pixels only into the framebuffer) and works as well.

Two articles [2] [3] are available on my blog to describe my recent work
on this Google Summer of Code :)

I will keep in touch with Joel from RTEMS to review those drivers' code
and begin the "inclusion in RTEMS CVS head process" as described in the
RTEMS wiki page "Contributing" [4]

I will be at the RMLL 2010 in Bordeaux, to attend some very interesting
conferences over there, including the one about Milkymist SoC by
Sebastien Bourdeauducq :)

[0] : http://www.rtems.com/
[1] : http://milkymist.org/
[2] :