ARM compiler error when building RTEMS for smdk2410

Gedare Bloom gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu
Tue Jul 13 16:02:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Ajai James <ajai at sigtechwireless.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a newbie in RTEMS and Linux environment.
>
> I was trying to compile RTEMS for ARM smdk2410 board using Fedora guest in
> Virtual box with command
>
> make RTEMS_BSP="smdk2410" after configure command as per the steps in
>
> http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/started/started00061.html
>

> Got an error as below
>

> Checking whether the C compiler works... no

Aside from checking what Vinu suggested, I also want to know if you
followed the instructions to build and install an appropriate
cross-compiler?  The getting started guide also has instructions for
that.  If you don't have arm-rtems4.*-gcc, then you won't be able to
build RTEMS for the ARM target.

For Fedora, you can use the RPM and YUM:
http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/APT/Yum_Repository#Yum_Instructions

Just follow the wiki instructions, and replace 4.9 with whichever
version of RTEMS you are using, for example 4.10 for the most recent
release or 4.11 if you are using the RTEMS CVS head.  Also replace
sparc with arm, since you are building for the arm target...

-Gedare