[Milkymist-devel] telnetd server application

Yann Sionneau yann at minet.net
Fri Jul 30 15:23:40 UTC 2010

Hi again,

what do you mean by "do you have IMFG configured ?"
I used the telnetd application from the network-demos module from CVS.

I just filled-in the informations about network in
network-demos/networkconfig.h and then did :

RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems-4.11/lm32-rtems4.11/milkymist make

which built all the network-demos applications

Then i uploaded the telnetd application to the Milkymist One board after
connecting it to my laptop via RJ45 ethernet wire and having set the
network as configured inside the network-demos/networkconfig.h file

Here is the *entire* output i get when i try to connect to the board via
telnet 192.168.101.100 :

console_initialize

*** Telnetd Server Test ***
============== Initializing Network ==============
[minimac] Ethernet driver attached
============== Add Route ==============
Destination     Gateway/Mask/Hw    Flags     Refs     Use Expire Interface
default         192.168.101.254    UGS         0        0      0 minimac0
192.168.101.0   255.255.255.0      U           0        0      1 minimac0
192.168.101.254                    UHL         1        0      1 minimac0
============== Start Telnetd ==============
Starting rtemsShell via telnetd -- default account is rtems w/no password
Device: /dev/pty0../dev/pty7 (8)pseudo-terminals registered.
telnetd started with stacksize = 81920 and priority = 100
============== Deleting Init Task ==============
syslog: telnetd: accepted connection from 192.168.101.254 on /dev/pty0
unable to open stdio: I/O error
syslog: telnetd: releasing connection from 192.168.101.254 on /dev/pty0

That's all, and the telnet client stays connected, the tcp connection is
not closed.
In the telnet i get nothing, even if i type something.
And i can connect again after that, and i get the same error (but it's
on /dev/pty1 if i remember correctly, but not sure)

any hints :) ?

Yann.