rtems 4.10.99.0 issue

Wed Jul 28 16:42:47 UTC 2010

On 07/28/2010 11:26 AM, Lisa A. Day wrote:
> >  env | grep RTEMS
> >
> >  will show all the environment variables related to RTEMS that are set.
> >  There may be conflicts.
>
> I have no global env vars set other than the addition of RTEMS to my PATH -
> all env vars are exported during the make process. (I haven't found any env
> vars I'm suppose to be setting documented anywhere.) Even so, env vars
> wouldn't -/couldn't/  - correct the problem of the .cfg file locations
> being inconsistent - some being in /opt/4.10 and some being in /opt/4.11.
> The make process includes most(all?) .cfg files with a path of RTEMS_ROOT.
>
> BTW: my cvs checkout was this    " cvs -d :pserver:... co -P rtems ")

If you are doing that, then you should have /opt/rtems-4.11/bin at the
head of your PATH.  4.10 should not be.

type sparc-rtems4.11-gcc
# should be in /opt/rtems-4.11/bin
type sparc-rtems4.11-gdb
# should be in /opt/rtems-4.11/bin
type autoconf
# should also be there
type automake
# should also be there

Then the following should be VERY close to working if
I typed it correctly.  Yes .. this is from memory and
just typed in.

cd
mkdir rtems-4.11-work
cd rtems-4.11-work
mkdir bsp-install
cvs -d :pserver:... co -P rtems
cd rtems
./bootstrap
cd ..
mkdir b-sis
cd b-sis
../rtems/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.11 --enable-rtemsbsp=sis \
   --prefix=${HOME}/rtems-4.11-work/bsp-install \
   --enable-tests=samples
make
sparc-rtems4.11-run `find . -name sis.ralf`
make install
cd ..
cvs -d :pserver:... co -P examples-v2
cd examples-v2
RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=${HOME}/rtems-4.11-work/bsp-install/sparc-rtems4.11/sis make clean all

At this point, you should have completely built the examples-v2 set for sparc/sis
for RTEMS 4.11

--joel