5KHz acquisition control

Daron Chabot daron.chabot at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 22:00:01 UTC 2010

Matt,

I've used a 455 MHz Pentium 3 interrupting at over 20 kHz as part of a
VME-based data acquisition system.

I agree with Robert: if you can generate interrupts at the frequency you
need, _without_ using system's "ticks", that's the better approach.
Hopefully your ADC hardware can generate interrupts upon conversion, or upon
a "high-water-mark", or something similar...

If that's not an option, you may be able to use one of the spare timers on
the i8254 chip (if your system is so equipped).

-- dc