Finding BSP specific information (preferably via Makefile variables)

Gedare Bloom gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu
Tue Jun 8 19:36:29 UTC 2010

I'll take a stab at this, though a caveat that I am also a student so
don't take my word for it :)

Most of the information you're looking at is actually CPU Model Family
dependent, so it may live in cpukit/score/cpu or be part of the newlib
/ libc header files. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how any of this might
be exposed in the configuration.

cpukit/score/cpu/CPU_MODEL/rtems/score/cpu.h contains some definitions
that cover this, and you can find documentation in the CPU Supplement
in the RTEMS documentation (
http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/cpu_supplement/index.html
).  This will, for example, show you the processor endianness via
either the CPU_BIG_ENDIAN or CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN cpp defines.

Some of the other things you are wondering about are defined in some
types.h, stdint.h, or some limits.h file, which I think will be
something out of libc.  Since these are standard, there is probably
some way that configure tools query the target libc to determine these
values, so I think that would be what you want to do.

Hope that helps,
Gedare