Announcing sparc64 (SPARC V9) support

Tue Jun 15 01:36:20 UTC 2010

On 06/14/2010 04:58 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am pleased to announce that a port of RTEMS to the sparc64 processor
> architecture is ready to be reviewed.  The code has been posted in PRs
> 1560 through 1565 in the Bugzilla.
>
> This port requires the sparc64-rtems tools, and soon I will be working
> on a simple guide for building and booting.  The port provides two
> BSPs, niagara and usiii.  The niagara is capable of running on M5, an
> open source simulator.

I would like to thank Gedare and Eugen Leontie (Roxana's
husband :) for this effort.

He has been gracious enough to submit it as a series of
patches through Bugzilla (PRs 1561-1565).  I have reviewed
the cpukit patch (1561), built it, and think it is OK to commit to the
head.

Please take this time to review it if you are interested.  My
plan is to review one chunk at a time, comment in the PR
and then commit it when I think it it ready.

BUT.. I want to wait 24 hours before committing the first
chunk in case people have comments.  So please make
comments on these patches if you are interested. After
24 hours, I will be reviewing and committing as each piece
passes review from all commenters.

This is really an attempt to open up the review of large
submissions.  Please participate.

--joel