RTEMS PowerPC progress (Not).

Nick Thomas nick.thomas at pixsan.com
Tue Jun 1 09:23:09 UTC 2010

> On 05/31/2010 09:42 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> [...]
> > It would be worth backporting the 4.9 timer server code
> > and supporting directives.  It may even be worth backporting
> > the version on the head.
>
> I would not use the 4.9 timer server code.
>
> http://www.rtems.com/pipermail/rtems-users/2009-November/006248.html

I applied the one-line patch mentioned in the mailing list threads.
But, alas, that change gave me a "0x1200 (Inst TLB miss)".

I guess that change isn't as harmless as it looks.

I was thinking of changing my calls to use the POSIX interface. But, does
the POSIX timers call down into the current implementation - and leave me
with the same issue?

Regards

Nick