5KHz acquisition control

Mon Jun 7 23:45:59 UTC 2010

On 06/07/2010 06:43 PM, Matt Rippa wrote:
> Hi folks -
>
> It sounds like one way forward would be to benchmark my
> performance with a higher resolution system clock. I'm leaning
> towards an external interrupt source because my worry is
> excessive, unnecessary, processor load. With that said it may
> not be an issue with my particular system requirements and may
> in fact be a benefit as Till and Eric suggest. Is there some
> guideline or limit for cranking up the system clock resolution?
>    (System failure being an obvious limit ;)). I'll play around
> and see, but it looks like a safe bet is to have external timers
> available just in case.

Run ticker with progressively smaller and smaller
ticks until it quits running.  That's too low. :)

If you intend to do some RTEMS operations in the
interrupt, set up an RTEMS Classic timer to do them
and a task to receive them.  If you are adding a context
switch at each ISR, the overhead will go up.