Unexpected trap(0 x4) ... fp disabled

Eric Norum wenorum at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 23 17:36:33 UTC 2010

1) Floating point exceptions on many architectures can be fairly imprecise.   Could the offending code be back a line or two?
2) There's always the possibility that a runaway pointer or bad array index has resulting in your code being mangled.   Can you use a debugger to check that the instructions which you expect to be around that address are indeed still there?

--
Eric Norum
wenorum at lbl.gov